Now that was some vacation!!

Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Gang including me(behind camera)


It was the evening of the 4th of may, my birthday. I was amidst all enjoyment when suddenly i realised it was the next day my friends were arriving from chennai. Oh i forgot to tell u, I was in Kerala, my native, for the holidays. My friends were coming for sightseeing the so called god's own country.

As i was saying i totally forgot about the fact that these guys were comin. I was least prepared. I dint arrange a room nor informed my grandma. So i figured it was a tough night that was ahead of me. I started acting fast. I immediately emptied a Room on the first floor which was unused and it was the only room there which would give us the required privacy. I cleaned up the whole room with my mom's help. I Made arrangements for the guys to relax, sleep n stuff. All this took me almost till midnight. The train arrives at Kannur at 6 in the morning. I had to start here by 5 as it a full 30 kms from where i stay.

Sudhir, Benny and Leo waiting for me at the station!



So the next day i woke up by 4.30, got ready n went to pick the guys. I reached the station only by 6.30. They were seated in the platform. There were 4 of them from chennai n one who was in kannur itself. He had come there before me. They waited for me to arrive. The first thing they asked me when they saw me was, "Whats the Plan dude?" Well i couldn't tell them i hadn't thought about it.. So I just managed by saying we would first go to Earnesto's(classmate from Kannur) place and freshen up and Roam about in Kannur.


So as per the sudden plan we took an Auto to Earnesto's place which was about 10 kms from Rly station. You wont believe me but the Auto ride costed us just 100 rs. Rs. 100 for 10 kms for 6 ppl. In chenai he would've asked ur property for it. Jokes apart, we reached his house by 7. His dad was not at home. He had gone to the church for sunday Mass. Earnesto dint have the key either. We were stranded outside till 8.30. But made the best of the time by trying to stone down mangoes n eating.


His dad arrived by 8.30. The guys took till 10 to get ready. We then started off into our Voyage.



Day 1:


We set off from Earnesto's place. We had to walk our way from his place to the National highway, which was about a km, to catch a bus. By the way our first destination was to Parasinikadavu, a famous temple on the riverside, for Boating. It was 10 and we hadn't had our breakfast yet. So when we reached the Highway we found the first hotel and made our way into it. It was more like a Teashop. But it was fine with al of us as we could find a good hotel only 10 kms away!! We had good Parotas with the Kerala Kadala Curry!





Earnesto, Leo and Benny waiting for Parotas at the Hotel!


It took us about an hour to complete the Breakfast. Then we waited for the bus for some 10 mins. After boarding the bus it took us about 15 mins to reach Parasinikadavu. It was a damn hot day. The travel had made our throats sore. So we decided to have a drink. First they asked for lemonade but i insisted they had SAMBHARAM, a typical Kerala drink which is made from Buttermilk. Its the best thirst quencher ever. So they all had Sambharam and i was all in Praises.

We then made our way via the temple to the River bay. Here we had to hire a Boat for 15 mins which costed us about 300 bucks. But i would say it was too worth the ride. It was awesome. We got to watch the Beautiful Coconut trees bending their way into the river. Unexplainable Beauty of God's Own Country was what we Experienced.




That's me behind the Motors of the Boat

Gurunathan and Benny Posing!



After the boat ride we made way out to the hilltop wer we had to board the bus. We had two more glassfulls of Sambharam each due to the exhaution from climbing the fleet of stairs. We then went to a Snake park very close by. We had a gala time there. It was Snakes, Monkeys, Wolfs, Crocs.. all the way. After spending about an hour in the Zoo we made our way to Earnesto's place to takr rest for a while before we could resume our Route.



It was 2 when we reached his house. We had till 3.30 to leave. So we took a short nap.

Thats me taking a Nap!



By 3.30 we left Earnesto's place. We had to trail back to the highway before we could catch a Bus to Kannur town. I had planned to take them to the St. Angelo's fort in Kannur. But before that we had to have our lunch. So as soon as we got down the bus we found a good restraunt and had to our Hearts content.



Then we took another bus to the Fort which took us a further 10 mins. At 4.30 we were in the Fort. This is no normal fort. It is a beautiful Landmark that Kannur can Boast of. We trailed around the whole fort for around an hour and a half when the security showed us the way out due to the fact that it was closing time. We came out and I knew exactly where to take them. I took them to an artificial fishing reservoir built out of the Sea. Its a beautiful place to spend the evening under the golden rays of the setting Sun!

The Gang at the Fort!

That was a memorable evening! The whole day was Memorable! After the beach we made our way to my place which is called Mattanur. We left Kannur by 8 and we reached the house by aroun 9. We then had a great dinner and made our way to the Private room where we enjoyed the whole night chatting and playing Cards.



The first Day has been a success beyond Words. The next few days to be penned in another post in a few days. Do look out! The Trip only gets more Adventurous, more exciting, more exhausting, more hardships as we make our way to the Wayanad district of Kerala. Keep reading.


Yours


Rakesh!

2 What they say!:

kamal kumar said...

was good... some really good stuff... wish we 2 had planned something da.......

Aasis Vinayak said...

good